Purpose: ACE assesses whether a player needs to develop the essential personality traits and characteristics that are conducive to success in team sports. This test is intended for 10-13 year old’s.
No. of questions: 113
Question type: Situational, self-report, skill testing
Estimated completion time: 30 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 10 to 13 year old’s
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards
● Sample Size: 1345
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.90
Benchmarks: Available (general population and sports industry)
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
● Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 17 scales, including:
● Coachability: Assesses whether an athlete’s disposition and attitude are likely to benefit from coaching, or could cause difficulties or friction.
● Work Ethic: Extent to which an individual behaves in a diligent, reliable, and ethical manner, is willing to work hard, and plays by the rules.
● Competitiveness: Degree to which a player strives to be the best and to win.
● Accountability: Willingness to be accountable for one’s behavior, decisions, and mistakes.
● Team Player: Extent to which a player is supportive of his/her team.
● Self-Control: Ability to regulate and manage emotions and behaviors; to stay disciplined.
● Perseverance: Assesses the degree to which a player is goal oriented and persistent.
● Game Preparedness: Extent to which a player actively gets ready for a game.
● Mental Strength: Ability to stay psychologically strong in the face of difficulty and challenge.
● Focus: Assesses a player’s mindset and concentration skills.
● Need for Stability Assesses the degree to which a player has difficulty dealing with changes and an unpredictable play schedule.
● Physical Toughness: Ability to withstand physically demanding tasks and training.