Purpose: CASET – R will assess whether a person possesses the traits and skills needed to succeed in team college sports.
No. of questions: 140
Question type: Situational, self-report
Estimated completion time: 35 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: Yes
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, disability,
● Sample Size: 1345
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.90
Benchmarks: Available (general population and sports industry)
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
● Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 22 scales, including:
● Coachability: Assesses whether an athlete’s disposition and attitude are likely to benefit from coaching, or could cause difficulties or friction.
● Work Ethic: Extent to which an individual behaves in a diligent, reliable, and ethical manner, is willing to work hard, and plays by the rules.
● Competitiveness: Degree to which a player strives to be the best and to win.
● Accountability: Willingness to be accountable for one’s behavior, decisions, and mistakes.
● Self-Control: Ability to regulate and manage emotions and behaviors; to stay disciplined.
● Perseverance: Assesses the degree to which a player is goal oriented and persistent.
● Game Preparedness: Extent to which a person puts a conscientious effort into getting ready for a game.
● Mental Strength: Ability to stay psychologically strong in the face of difficulty and challenge.
● Focus: Assesses a player’s mindset and concentration skills.
● Accident Proneness: Assesses whether a person engages in behaviors that could put himself/ herself or others at risk.