Purpose: CHAP will assess whether a person has the necessary skills and traits to be a professional nanny.
No. of questions: 143
Question type: Self-assessment, situational, multiple choice
Estimated completion time: 45 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: standards; EEOC standards (age)
● Sample Size: 80
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.94
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
● Caregiver Style (based on parenting theories)
● Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 5 factors, divided into 18 scales:
● Childcare Value System: Assesses values that are important and relevant to childcare.
● Work Ethic: Degree to which a person behaves in a responsible and productive manner.
● Diligence: Degree to which a person is willing to work hard, efficiently, and carefully.
● Mental Strength: Ability to deal with the difficulties of childcare.
● People Skills: Assesses whether a person interacts productively and appropriately.