Purpose: COSA – R2 assesses a person’s coping skills and his or her predominant methods of coping with stress.
No. of questions: 64
Question type: Self-report
Estimated completion time: 10 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards ; EEOC standards (gender, age, ethnicity)
Validation Information: 8998
● Sample Size:
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.94
Benchmarks: Available (general population and 95 industries)
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● List of frequently used coping techniques
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 3 factors, divided into 12 scales:
● Problem-Focused Coping: Refers to ways of handling stress that deal with taking action in order to improve the stressor.
● Emotion-Focused Coping: Methods of handling stressful situations that entail learning how to deal with the situation emotionally.
● Empty Coping Strategies/Hang-Ups: Entails “empty” coping strategies that generally will not be helpful in dealing with stressful situations.
There are no reviews yet.