Purpose: SCRT – R will assess whether an individual becomes defensive in response to constructive feedback.
No. of questions: 60
Question type: Situational, self-report
Estimated completion time: 20 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, age, disability, ethnicity)
● Sample Size: 3664
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.94
Benchmarks: Available (general population and 21 industries)
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 6 scales:
● External Cognitive Reactions: Personal thoughts directed toward the critic and critique.
● Internal Cognitive Reactions: Personal thoughts directed toward self.
● Other-Directed Emotional Reactions: Feelings directed toward the critic and the critique.
● Internally-Directed Emotional Reactions: Feelings directed toward self.
● Overt Behavioral Reactions: Outright reactions directed toward the critic during and after criticism delivery.
● Covert Behavioral Reactions: Indirect reactions toward critic and criticism after feedback is delivered.