Purpose: MEIQ – HR – R2 has been linked to professional success. This test evaluates the core traits that make up emotional intelligence.
No. of questions: 115
Question type: Situational, self-report, skill testing
Estimated completion time: 65 minutes
Shorter version of assessment available: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, age, disability)
● Sample Size: 34,870
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.94
Benchmarks: Available (general population and 35 industries)
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
360 Version: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
● Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 4 factors, divided into 20 scales:
● Emotional Identification, Perception, and Expression: Ability to characterize emotions in oneself and in others.
● Emotional Facilitation of Thought: Ability/Willingness to use feelings constructively; to let them guide you.
● Emotional Understanding: Ability to understand and analyze emotions, and solve emotional problems.
● Emotional Management: Ability to take responsibility for one’s emotions.