Purpose: COMSA – R2 will assess whether a person is able to communicate and listen effectively.
No. of questions: 38
Question type: Self-report
Estimated completion time: 10 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, age, disability)
● Sample Size: 22,721
● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.91
Benchmarks: (general population and 30 industries)
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 5 scales:
● Insightfulness: Ability to read others and understand things from their point of view.
● Verbal Expression: Ability to deliver a clear and concise message.
● Assertiveness: Willingness to express differing opinions and to stand up for oneself.
● Listening Skills: Understanding of the rules of “listening etiquette” and the ability to actively
attend to others.
● Emotional Management: Ability and willingness to deal with one’s own, as well as other