Purpose: LCAST – R2 assesses whether a person believes that he or she has on impact on and can control what happens in his or her life, which can impact motivation, expectations, self-esteem, and risk-taking behavior.
No. of questions: 35
Question type: Situational, self-report
Estimated completion time: 10 minutes
Shorter versions of assessment: N/A
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, age, disability,
●● Sample Size: 55,053
●● Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.86
Benchmarks: Available (general population and 25 industries)
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
● Detailed narrative interpretation
● Strengths and Limitations
● Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 8 scales, including:
● Success Orientation: Assesses whether a person attributes success to internal factors (under one’s control) or external factors (beyond one’s control).
● Success Stability: Assesses whether a person attributes success to stable or unstable factors.
● Failure Orientation: Extent to which a person attributes failures to factors within one’s control or factors beyond control.
● Failure Stability: Assesses whether a person attributes failure to stable or unstable forces.
There are no reviews yet.